Have you read any really great books recently? I am always interested in finding out what books others are reading. I am a member of GoodReads (the social club for books!), so it is fun to stalk my friends pages and steal book ideas from them.
I also belong to a book club (that I have a poor attendance record for!) and I am currently reading the book, The Paris Wife by Paula McLain (which was suggested by the book club). It is about Ernest Hemingway’s wife Hadley Richardson and their life together. I am not quite done with it, but so far am thoroughly enjoying it! These books are also on my shelves to be read next:
- Einstein’s Wife by Andrea Gabor (do you see a theme here? My boss recommended this book to me when I mentioned I was reading The Paris Wife).
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling. This book just looked incredibly entertaining and I am very excited to read it.
- In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto by Michael Pollan
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan
- The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health by T. Colin Campbell, et al
- Green Smoothie Revolution: The Radical Leap Towards Natural Health by Victoria Boutenko
- The Beauty Detox Solution: Eat Your Way to Radiant Skin, Renewed Energy and the Body You’ve Always Wanted by Kimberly Snyder
And last, but not least are a few books that I bought for my husband that I secretly want to read also!
- How the Dog Became the Dog: From Wolves to Our Best Friends by Mark Derr
- Life by Keith Richards, James Fox
I have many more books on my shelves to read, and it continues to expand. Which is why I am jealous of homes with enormous amounts of book storage or actual libraries…
And if you’re like me, living in a
small teeny-weeny apartment, with no such storage, the best we hope for is a cozy corner with a big comfy chair (or blanket) and a nice reading light! (and hey, if that light happens to be a fireplace, well, that ain’t bad either!).