It was a relatively relaxing weekend with not much to report. I came home from work on Friday to beautiful, yellow lilies that my husband got me for our 6 year anniversary of the day we met (which were possibly preempted by the card that I left for him, but I was excited and happy all the same).
Sumo and I made the short trek to the Green City Farmer’s Market on Saturday morning to pick up some fresh food. We got some greens (for salads and green smoothies!) which included Swiss Chard, Kale, Watercress, and Collard Greens. We also picked up some honey crisp apples and ripe strawberries. This was then followed by a healthy breakfast for me, french-press coffee, glowing green smoothie, strawberries and water.
Then I spent the day lounging, chatting and having girl-time with my good friend Amy (below is an old Wisconsin football tailgate snapshot of us!).
Sumo did a little bit of lounging as well!
And on Sunday, I met up with the newlyweds (my brother and sister-in-law) for brunch, which included a delicious bloody mary. Then, I ran a few errands with them.
My husband and I also signed up for the Chicago Half Marathon as part of the American Brain Tumor Association team, which will be held on the same day as our one year wedding anniversary. Fundraising and training will be commencing this week (more details to follow!).
Here are the guidelines for the award:
Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
Share seven facts about yourself
Nominate some other blogs you like for this award.
Post a comment on each of your nominees’ blogs telling them about the nomination.
So here it goes with my seven facts:
1. I have a small obsession with big furry dogs that you can snuggle with and also look as though they belong in the wild, like shiba inus, huskies, alaskan malamutes, and samoyeds.
2. I took piano lessons for 10 years and while I do not own a piano, I plan to invest in one (maybe after I own a house and don’t rent a small apartment).
3. I love to paint and my favorites are oil and watercolor. But I haven’t touched a paint brush in over 7 years (the last time being a Chinese painting course in college).
4. I prefer the bus over the train so the bus is my go-to mode of transportation in Chicago.
5. I have trouble remembering my age, or anyone else’s for that matter (does this mean I am getting old??). But then for whatever reason, I am very good at remembering birthdays.
6. I love to write! and one of my most memorable courses in college was a creative writing course. And this fact (and the fact that you are reading about this on my blog) probably does not come as a surprise to you.
7. I learned how to drive a car in a stick shift (an ’89 Red Chevy Blazer no less). Not easy folks. I’m talking about parallel parking, on a hill, while trying to work a clutch. You know, a little tap here, one there, eh.
And now I would like to pass this blog award along to:
Another good friend, Sarah @ The Doomar Diaries
A blog I’ve been reading for a while, Si @ French by Design
And a blog I just came across over the weekend, Sequins & Stripes
And that is all for now (comments to follow soon on my nominations!). Happy Monday! xo